Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications to create a hiring eligibility list for a part-time Public Safety Officers at the Belleville and/or Sam Wolf Granite City Campus. The position will report to the Officer in Charge (OIC), Assistant Director of Public Safety or Campus Public Safety Supervisor.
The position will perform work of routine to complex difficulty in guarding and protecting life and property on college premises; regulate the activities of the general public and other persons in the protection of property from fires, theft, vandalism, trespassing and other hazards; and report all pertinent information regarding incidents and actions taken during the assigned work shift. Officers are required to perform bike, foot, vehicle patrols, and other Public Safety duties as assigned. Officers must be able to work a variety of shifts and work in different types of weather conditions. Officers must be able to complete and maintain a First Responder certification. Public Safety employees are appointed pursuant to Chapter 110 ILCS, Paragraph 805/3-42.1 of the Illinois Community College Act.
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree desirable.
- Must be at least 21 years of age before the hiring date and be a US Citizen.
- No record or conviction of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude.
- Previous law enforcement or security experience and/or training desirable.
- Possess a valid driver?s license. Must have a good driver?s record with the Illinois Secretary of State Office or other states.
- Successfully submit and pass SWIC Power (Physical Agility) Test, written evaluation, oral interview, and in-depth character background check to include fingerprints.
The starting rate is $12.30 per hour, up to 28 hours per work.
Belleville Campus or Sam Wolf Granite City. Part-time employees will be assigned shifts to primarily work weekends and holidays.
NOTE: Applicant eligibility and selection is based on possessing and/or passing all qualifications, and verbal interview process. The College has established an in-service training program for all Public Safety Officers. Mandatory drug testing to determine the presence of controlled substances and completion of a criminal background investigation are required of the finalists for the position.
These positions will remain open until filled or a hiring list established. The hiring list will be in effect for one year or until depleted.
Respond with SWIC application, cover letter, current resume, list of three references, and if applicable, college transcripts. The SWIC application is available on our website and at the Belleville Campus Human Resources Office (Information Sciences Building, Room 2080). Send application materials to:
Human Resources Office
Southwestern Illinois College
2500 Carlyle Avenue
Belleville, IL 62221
Southwestern Illinois College is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator and