Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the part-time administrative position of Interim Dean of the Mathematics & Sciences Division. This position became available with the retirement of the incumbent dean. The start date is flexible with consideration given to the selected candidate's availability.
The Interim Dean of the Mathematics & Science Division is responsible for assisting and enabling both faculty and staff in maintaining and strengthening the instructional program. The interim dean will assist the vice president for instruction in facilitating the development, planning, organization, and administration of the division which currently includes the baccalaureate transfer areas of agriculture, biology, chemistry, earth science, exercise science, mathematics, physics, physical education, health/safety education, engineering, computer science and several horticultural AAS degree and/or certificate programs.
The interim dean, as a temporary member of the instructional leadership, may be assigned additional liaison responsibilities related to such functions as faculty development, faculty technology, outcomes assessment, academic advising, strategic planning and/or adjunct faculty relations.
This position reports directly to the vice president for instruction.
- Master's degree in one of the baccalaureate transfer disciplines of the division is required.
- Minimum of two years of successful college teaching experience is required.
- Minimum of two years demonstrated community college administrative/supervisory experience is required.
- Experience with the assessment of student learning outcomes at the classroom, program and institutional level is required.
- Must meet employment eligibility requirements as determined by the Department of Homeland Security and U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and AQIP is preferred.
- Experience teaching and/or supervising in one of the baccalaureate transfer disciplines of the division is preferred.
- Successful experience with faculty staffing, evaluation and leadership is preferred.
- Experience working with diverse student populations is preferred.
- Knowledge of, and/or proficiency with, computer based and Internet instruction is preferred.
Commensurate with educational achievement and pertinent experience.
Belleville campus with district-wide responsibilities.
Position will remain open until filled.
Respond with SWIC application, cover letter, current resume, copies of college transcripts, and list of three references. The SWIC application is available on our website and at the Belleville Campus Human Resources Office (Information Sciences Building, Room 2080). Send application materials to:
Human Resources Office
Southwestern Illinois College
2500 Carlyle Avenue
Belleville, IL 62221
Southwestern Illinois College is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator and