Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the SWIC Educational Employees full-time grant funded staff position of Coordinator, Safety and Training ATS.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, this is a full-time position funded by external funds. Responsible for ensuring the proper training of all ATS staff and drivers. Maintains integrity of the ATS Fleet Safety Program, and functions as lead investigator for all accidents. Responsible for all aspects of the ATS video surveillance system. Responsible for identifying safety issues and trends, making recommendations to ATS management. Assists in selection and evaluation of drivers from a safety perspective. Required to carry a cell phone 24/7. On call in case of accidents/emergencies. May be required to work varied hours as necessary. Will be required to participate in Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Ability to work with limited supervision and the use of sound judgment is required. This position is dependent upon external funding.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience driving or dispatching in the transportation industry required; experience in education and training preferred.
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to meet and maintain the physical, drug and alcohol testing requirements and pass the criminal background screening per ATS and SWIC guidelines.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Motor Carrier policies and regulations.
- Have or obtain and maintain a CDL License in order to drive all ATS vehicles.
- Must be familiar with computer programs which include desktop publishing and video editing.
The starting salary is $30, 604.
718 Scheel St, Belleville
July 28, 2014 by 4:00 pm or postmarked by that date.
Respond with SWIC application, cover letter, current resume, list of three references and college transcripts. The SWIC application is available on our website and at the Belleville Campus Human Resources Office (Information Sciences Building, Room 2080). Send application materials to:
Human Resources Office
Southwestern Illinois College
2500 Carlyle Avenue
Belleville, IL 62221
Southwestern Illinois College is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator and