Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the SWIC Educational Employee part-time position of Help Desk Technician.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, this position performs hardware and software installation, configuration, and maintenance. Position also provides technical support to all Southwestern Illinois College users to include basic instruction on accessing SWICNET services, troubleshooting problems related to workstation applications, and setting up PC and Macintosh workstations. Work will involve close association with instructors and staff. Instructions and directions are received from the CIO, the Director of Computer Support Services and the Technical Services Coordinator. Must frequently coordinate work assignments with the SWIC Network Services unit. Work requires the application of experience, technical knowledge and judgment in correctly identifying and resolving work related problems. Coordinate with Instructional Services Coordinator and Computing Services Coordinator.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree in computer-related field or additional college education with CIS/office administration and office technology emphasis is preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience supporting PCs, (hardware, software and network), Microsoft Windows operating system and peripherals is required.
- Experience supporting Apple Macintosh operating system preferred.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary. Must enjoy helping people of all ages and have the responsibility and self-discipline to work with limited supervision.
$16.82 per hour, up to 28 hours per week
Belleville Campus with district wide responsibilities
This position will remain open until filled.
Respond with SWIC application, cover letter, current resume, if applicable, college transcripts, and a list of three professional references. The SWIC application is available on our website and at the Belleville Campus Human Resources Office (Information Sciences Building, Room 2080). Send application materials to:
Human Resources Office
Southwestern Illinois College
2500 Carlyle Avenue
Belleville, IL 62221
Southwestern Illinois College is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator and