Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for one full-time tenure track faculty position in the Speech Communication/Theatre discipline within the Liberal Arts Division. The appointment may be made for the fall 2014 semester beginning August 11, 2014. This is a new position.
Teach courses in theatre and speech, including theatre appreciation, acting, theatre production and oral interpretation of literature, public speaking, and possibly other general communication courses. New course development is encouraged. Opportunities exist for participating in professional development activities, serving as needed on committees within the department, division and college, and directing theatre productions.
- Master's Degree in Theatre with an emphasis in acting and performance is required.
- Two years minimum teaching experience of public speaking at the higher education level is required.
- Two years minimum teaching experience of theatre at the higher education level is preferred.
- Strong commitment to college teaching is required.
- Theatre acting experience at the college, community and/or professional level is required.
- Theatre directing experience is preferred.
- Technical theatre experience is preferred.
- Experience in building a theatre program is preferred.
- Experience in Outcomes Assessment is preferred.
- Experience in working with diverse student populations is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work with interpretive events for the competitive forensics team is preferred.
- The successful candidate shall meet the minimum instructor requirements established by the Board of Trustees for all assigned courses.
- Proficiency with computers and relevant software is essential.
This is a nine-month teaching position with the salary determined by placement on the base salary schedule. For example, the minimum 2013-2014 starting salary for Step 1 is $47,524 on the Master's Degree column. The actual starting salary is determined by educational attainment level and college teaching experience. Optional overload and summer teaching assignments will also be available. The College offers a comprehensive flexible benefit program.
4 p.m., March 7, 2014 or postmarked by that date.
Respond with cover letter, SWIC application, current vitae, college transcripts, and list of three references. The SWIC application is available on our website at swic.edu/employment and at the Belleville Campus Human Resources Office (Information Sciences Building, Room 2080). Send application materials to:
Human Resources Office
Southwestern Illinois College
2500 Carlyle Avenue
Belleville, IL 62221
Southwestern Illinois College is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator and