A little inspiration goes a long way...
"A person starts to live when he can live outside of himself." -Albert Einstein
PALS supports and encourages all students' endeavors toward academic and career success. We have Personal Advocates at all campuses, Belleville, Granite City, Red Bud, and the East St. Louis Community College Center (ESLCCC). We support all students through successful transition into college. We also encourage on-going support to current students for completion of personal and academic goals. We do this by:
- Providing FAFSA assistance
- Identifying needs to remove any barriers that might prevent successful enrollment through awareness of services and encouraging utilization of these services.
- Provide linkages to resources and opportunities on campus and in the community.
- On-going support:
- Provide Career exploration and job search support.
- Provide peer mentoring and support to all students.
- Provide FAFSA (Day) workshops throughout the semester on campus, and nightly at various times throughout the term at district high schools.
Join Men of Character and Ambition
MOCA can provide you with opportunities for new leadership skills, networking, a mentor and a better college experience.
- Academic, career and personal counseling
- Increased self-esteem
- Better time-management skills
- Leadership development
- Portfolio preparation
For more information, email
Find out what to bring with you for assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Public Benefits Help
Students in need of assistance with food stamps, housing and general public assistance can seek assistance from the Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law.
The Public Benefit Guide was created to help adult students access public benefits and advocate for themselves within the system.
View the Public Benefits Guide.
ATTENTION: Belleville PALS office is now serving students out of its new and improved home in the Financial Aid Office IS 1035.
IS Building, Room 1035
618-235-2700, ext. 5558
866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 5558 (in Illinois)
Monday...........8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesday......... 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday......8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Thursday.........8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday.............8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Building A, Room 1007
618-874-6583 or 874-6398
866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 6583 or 6398 (in Illinois)
Monday.........8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday........8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday....8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday.......8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday...........8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Red Bud Campus
Student Development Office
618-282-6682, ext. 8126
866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 8126 (in Illinois)
Monday through Thursday
8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Sam Wolf Granite City Campus
866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 7347 (in Illinois)
Monday through Thursday
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
PALS General Contact Information
Toll-free phone number:
866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 5558