The Illinois Phi Beta Lambda State Leadership Conference was held April 5-6, 2013, in Effingham, Illinois. Approximately 85 students competed in over 50 competitive events. Below are the results for Southwestern Illinois College’s Abe Small Chapter for the 2013 Phi Beta Lambda State Leadership Conference:
- 1st place, Future Business Executive, Natalie Wellen
- 2nd place, Local Chapter Annual Business Report, Cortney McGowan
- 2nd place, Client Service, Natalie Wellen
- 2nd place, Business Ethics, Heather Borowiak and Natalie Wellen
- 2nd place, Job Interview, Heather Borowiak
- 2nd place, Justice Administration, Natalie Wellen
- 2nd place, Future Business Executive, Stuart Maue
- 2nd place, Computer Applications, Cortney McGowan
- 2nd place, Telecommunications, Eric Lassman
- 2nd place, Award for Excellence (chapter award)
- 3rd place, Computer Applications, Eric Lassman
- 3rd place, Networking Concepts, Eric Lassman
- 3rd place, Who's Who in PBL, Heather Borowiak
Heather Borowiak served as state president for 2012-13, and was re-elected as state president for 2013-14.
Cortney McGowan and Eric Lassman served as state ambassadors for the 2013-14 membership year.
Cortney McGowan was elected as vice president of programs for the 2013-14 year.
These students are now eligible to attend the PBL National Leadership Conference in Anaheim, California, in June.