Top honors for the business proposal competition during the 2012 academy went to RaeShawn Tomas of Belleville, Nick Rodenberg of Columbia, Kendall Roller of O'Fallon and Nick Doerr of Florissant, Mo. They are pictured with Jim Allsup, center.
Meet the Instructor
Tom Bilyeu is a highly respected faculty member at SWIC. Students of his college-level management and marketing courses give him rave reviews for his high energy and interactive teaching style. Bilyeu brings with him extensive business experience, including management positions at FedEx and Venture.
Sponsored By www.allsup.com
Do You Want To Be Your Own Boss Someday?
Learn how you can do that at the Allsup Entrepreneur Academy.
July 29 through Aug. 2
Topics and Activities
- Have fun while you learn what it takes to start a business.
- Discuss the keys to success for a variety of entrepreneurs—think Facebook!
- Find the money. Where do entrepreneurs get money to start a business?
- Who will buy your product? How will they know about it? Learn how to identify customers and how to get them to buy.
- Create a business plan to compete for cash prizes from Allsup, Inc.
- Join Jim Allsup on a field trip. Talk to him about his humble beginnings, how he achieved his success and join him for lunch at his company's headquarters.
Open to students who will be in high school in fall 2013 and 2013 high school graduates.
Register by July 8
Download the registration form
Deposit Required: There is no charge for this program. However, a $25 deposit is required to secure your reservation. It will be refunded upon successful completion of the program.
Contact Jennifer Albat at 618-235-2700, ext. 5241 or ext. 5472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what former participants said about the program:
- “I enjoyed learning about everything.”
- “The field trip really showed me that with dedication you can make it.”
- “Mr. Allsup is funny.”
- “It showed me that you don’t have to be a certain age to start a business.”
- “I learned how to start a great business, if I wanted to.”
- “It helped me understand how you can go to something from nothing.”