Ready for a career as an aircraft mechanic?
SWIC Aviation Maintenance training is FAA approved and prepares you for all the testing required for the FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificates. FAA certificates are required for careers in Aviation Maintenance.
Aviation Maintenance Training Programs
You can specialize in Powerplant or Airframe, or learn them both. If you choose to continue your education beyond the certificates, you can earn an associate degree then transfer to Southern Illinois University Carbondale to earn a bachelor's degree.
- Associate Degree in Aviation Mantentance
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certificate
- Airframe Certificate
- Powerplant Certificate
Be Career Ready in One Year or Two
- Train eight hours a day and earn your A&P certification in 50 weeks.
- Train four hours day to earn A&P certification or the Associate in Applied Science degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology in two years.
Relevant Training Equipment
You will train on today's most relevant equipment in aviation maintenance. All training is at the Sam Wolf Granite City Campus 4950 Maryville Road, Granite City, IL 62040.
Our instructors have real-world experience, which ensures you are job ready upon completion of your degree or certificate.
Core Courses for Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Instruments and Navigation Systems
- Fuel Systems, Inspection and Aircraft Rigging
- Aircraft Non-metallic Structures
- Aircraft Metallic Structure
- Aircraft Electrical Systems
Charging Systems & Environmental Systems
- Aircraft Fluid Power Systems
- Landing Gear Systems
- Materials, Processes, and Fabrication
Basic Electricity & Technology
- Fundamentals & Operations
Regulations & Science
- Turbine Engines
Ignition and Starting Systems
- Aircraft Powerplant Systems & Comp.
- Aircraft Fuel Metering Systems
Aircraft Powerplant Systems
- Reciprocating Engine Overhaul
Reciprocating Engine Maintenance