Transfer of Credit and Articulation

Transferring to SWIC?

Students who have completed college coursework with a grade of D or better through a regionally accredited institution may submit a request to have coursework evaluated.

Get started on our Transfer Credit page >>

Transferring to a 4-Year School?

Pursuing a transferable degree often means you begin working on your intended bachelor's degree requirements while attending SWIC. Talk with an academic advisor to discover the transfer options available to you as a SWIC student. 

Review our resources for 4-year schools below.

Barnes-Jewish College, Goldfarb School of Nursing

Chamberlain College of Nursing

Eastern Illinois University

Lindenwood University-Belleville

Maryville University

Missouri University of Science and Technology

Park University

Saint Louis University

Traditional Students

Non-Traditional Students

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

University of Missouri-St. Louis

Webster University


As you review these resources, keep in mind the definitions of the terms used.

Transfer admissions provide admission requirements and application information.

Articulation agreements provide formal transfer agreements outlining specific courses that are guaranteed to transfer to your intended school. SWIC participates in the Illinois Articulation Initiative.

Transfer guides provide a suggested path of coursework dependent upon your particular program. Transfer guides are not available for all schools and programs.

Dual admission bridges the transfer process by guaranteeing junior status and acceptance to the participating institution. It is not available for all schools and programs.

The contact is the person at the transfer institution who assists in the transfer process.

When using these resources, it is suggested students be active participants in communicating with their intended transfer institution.