Cybersecurity specialists plan, implement, upgrade and monitor security measures to safeguard digital files and electronic infrastructure.
The SWIC Cybersecurity Specialist Certificate Program
The Cybersecurity Specialist certificate program is designed to prepare you to meet the high demand for specialists who can secure information and protect communication systems against the cyber threats of damage, exploitation, and unauthorized use or modification.
The coursework includes the concepts, principles, methods, techniques, practices and procedures required of cybersecurity specialists. View
Prepare for Professional Certification Exams
The Cybersecurity Specialist program will also prepare you for the following professional certification exams:
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and Switching (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Security (CCNA-Security)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) – Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
After completing the Cybersecurity Specialist certificate program, you will be qualified for a variety of positions in the cybersecurity field, including:
- Information Security Analyst
- Firewall Specialist
- Network Security Specialist
- Security Administrator
- VPN Specialist
- Data Assurance Specialist
- SWIC is a founding sponsor of the Midwest Cyber Center of Excellence, a regional platform to educate, mentor and foster professional development of cybersecurity professionals in the region.
- Experienced industry professionals seeking information on noncredit training should visit the Selsius Training website.