The Dual Admission Program is designed to bridge the transfer process for Southwestern Illinois College students to participating four-year colleges and universities. Students who fulfill the requirements of their dual admission agreement are guaranteed acceptance into their intended college/university with full junior status. Please note, however, that while acceptance to a particular college/university is guaranteed, acceptance into a specific program will vary based on departmental requirements.
Benefits of Dual Admission
- Guaranteed acceptance to a four-year college or university
- Access to academic advising at both institutions
- Students completing their Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Fine Arts degrees will be placed at junior status at the four-year college/university and all general education requirements will be met
- Students can take advantage of tuition savings at the community college level for the first two years of general education
- Access to degree audit systems at both institutions
- Additional benefits may be available, but vary by participating schools
Applying for Dual Admission
- Request a Dual Admission Program packet from the SWIC Enrollment Services Office by phone at 618-235-2700, ext. 5664.
- Belleville Campus Enrollment Services - Information Sciences Building, Room 1050
- Red Bud Campus Enrollment Services, Room 175
- Sam Wolf Granite City Campus Administrative Office, Room 400
Fax to 618-222-9768
Enrollment Services Office
Southwestern Illinois College
2500 Carlyle Ave.
Belleville, IL 62221
- Send official high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores to both Southwestern Illinois College and the intended four-year college/university (if required).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 grading system) based on all college-level work completed at SWIC
For more information regarding the Dual Admission Program, please contact Enrollment Services via email or by phone at 618-235-2700, ext. 5664, or toll-free at 866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 5664.