Federal Work-Study provides part-time employment opportunities based on need as determined by the award letter. If students are interested in Federal Work-Study they must complete an "Application for Student Work." If there is demonstrated need, students will be packaged with Federal Work-Study and the financial aid award letter will include the dollar amount of the Federal Work-Study award. The amount on the award letter indicates the maximum earnings permitted during the academic period. It does not guarantee a job nor that they will be able to earn the stated maximum.

Remember: A neat and complete application makes the best first impression on prospective employers. Check the bulletin board at the Financial Aid and Student Employment Office for openings. Inquire at campus offices about upcoming jobs.

All student employees must maintain financial aid satisfactory academic progress and a minimum of six credit hours of enrollment during the fall and spring semesters. Failure to do so will result in termination of employment. Students earn minimum wage and are paid bi-monthly from the Payroll Office. Students may download a copy of the Student Worker Guide that describes the terms of employment. There may be an opportunity to perform community service as part of your work-study program.

Regular Student Work provides part-time employment opportunities for students enrolled at least half-time (six credit hours) during the fall and spring semesters. Contact the Financial Aid Office for summer semester enrollment requirements. Financial aid eligibility is not required, but all student workers must maintain satisfactory academic progress as described in this handbook. Students who are currently in default on any educational loan or owe a repayment of Title IV funds are ineligible. All other information is identical to that described under Federal Work Study above.

[Back to Types of Aid]