The Financial Aid Office will pay only for classes that are required for a student's declared program(s) of study. We are strongly encouraging students to meet with an academic advisor to review their program(s) of study and the classes required to complete the program(s).
- Charge books to Financial Aid at campus bookstore: May 30 - Jun. 9, 2017
- First day to pick up online campus bookstore orders: May 30, 2017
- Census date (last day that financial aid will adjust to class load): Jun. 9, 2017
- Charge books to Financial Aid at campus bookstore: Aug. 14 - Sep. 1, 2017
- First day to pick up online campus bookstore orders: Aug. 14, 2017
- Census date (last day that financial aid will adjust to class load): Sep. 1, 2017
|Dates||Belleville/Red Bud||Sam Wolf Granite City|
|Monday-Thursday|| 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.||8 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.||8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.|
Summer 2017 Pell Disbursement Loans Summer - Previous Borrowers
Loans Summer - 1st Time Borrowers
- First disbursement: Jun. 27, 2017
Second disbursement: Jul. 11, 2017
- First disbursement: Jul. 3, 2017
- Second disbursement: Jul. 11, 2017
Fall 2017 Pell disbursement Loans Fall/Spring
Loans Fall Only
- First disbursement: Sep. 26, 2017
- Second disbursement: Feb. 20, 2018
- First disbursement: Sep. 26, 2017
- Second disbursement: Oct. 31, 2017
Alternative loans: Funds from the lender must be received by Financial Aid the week of disbursement.
Eligibility is based on a student's number of credit hours during a given term. Only credit hours needed to complete a financial aid eligible program are considered in classification. The chart below details enrollment classification for financial aid purposes:
|Total Aid Eligible Credit Hours ||Classification for Aid Eligibility |
|12 or more credit hours ||Full-Time Award |
|9-11.5 credit hours ||3/4 Time Award |
|6-8.5 credit hours ||Half-Time Award |
|5.5 credit hours ||Less Than Half-Time Award |
The Financial Aid Handbook is designed to be used in conjunction with the Student Guide published by the U.S. Department of Education. Together, these references will answer the majority of your questions.
Prior to completing any of the following, students should review the To Do List in their eSTORM Student Center to ensure that the correct forms are printed.
To be considered for financial aid, a student must be in an eligible program. While most associate degree programs are financial aid eligible, there are a few exceptions.
The following associate degree programs are not eligible for financial aid:
- Massage Therapy (027B)
- Construction Cement Mason (039A)
- Construction Sheetmetal (039B)
- Construction Bricklayer (039C)
- Construction Ironworker (039D)
- Construction Electrical Specialist (039E)
- Construction Painting & Decorating (039F)
- Construction Carpentry (039G)
In addition, not all certificates are financial aid eligible.
Check certificate eligibility.
Learn how to apply for the privately funded scholarships available only to SWIC students through the SWIC Foundation.
Apply for federal and state financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. The school code for SWIC is 001636. You can pick up a worksheet at the SWIC Financial Aid and Student Employment Office or from high school guidance counselors. You need to complete the FAFSA for each academic year.
Assistance with the FAFSA is available at SWIC through PALS.
SWIC participates in the Direct Loan Program. All students must complete a Loan Entrance Interview for Direct Loans and a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN). Visit studentloans.gov and complete the steps noted as "Entrance Counseling" and "Sign Master Promissory Note."
Students may also borrow through the Alternative Loan Program.
Student loan borrowers who drop below six hours per term or are no longer enrolled must complete Exit Counseling. Students can complete Loan Exit Counseling online.
Red Bud Campus:
Sam Wolf Granite City Campus:
Toll Free in Illinois:
618-235-2700, ext. 5288
618-282-6682, ext. 8114
618-931-0600, ext. 6610
866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 5288