Apply online through the Veterans Affairs Web site, or fill out a paper application, available at any of our offices.
Required documents vary according to the chapter that covers your eligibility. For questions regarding the chapter, contact the office at the Belleville or Sam Wolf Granite City Campus.
- Chapter 30, 32–DD Form 214 and Kicker Contracts
- Chapter 33–DD Form 214 and Certificate of Eligibility
- Chapter 33 TOE–DOD Certificate of Eligibility and VA Certificate of Eligibility
- Chapter 1606–DD Form 2384 (Notice of Basic Eligibility), DD Form(s) 214, Kicker Contracts
- Chapter 1607–Same as 1606 and copy of orders
- Chapter 35–Sponsor's VA number, birth certificates for children, marriage certificate for spouse
Verification of Enrollment
All students who are receiving either the Active Duty or Selected Reserve Montgomery GI Bill must verify their enrollments monthly to receive payments.
- Call 877-823-2378
- Visit the VA's Web Automated Verification of Enrollment–WAVE. Instructions are provided on the website.
VA Payment Questions
Call the Veteran's Regional Processing Office at 888-442-4551