The IVG Program pays in-district tuition and some fees for eligible students.
Required Federal Service Criteria
- All periods of military service must be classified as honorable.
- At least one-year service on federal active duty in one of the U.S. Armed Forces, unless you …
- Received a service-related medical discharge.
- Served in a foreign country in a time of hostilities in that country.
- Were discharged prior to August 11, 1967.
Basic Illinois Residency Criteria
- You were an Illinois resident six months prior to entering active duty.
- You returned to the state of Illinois within six months of being separated from active duty, exceptions might apply if you were married to another service member at the time of separation.
These listings are only the very basic criteria. A complete list is available on the Illinois College Zone Web site.
Applying for Benefits
The IVG application and information about required documents are available online.
Other Assistance Programs