Enjoyment and Personal Enrichment
Discover a hobby or skill that can enhance your life. From painting to managing your small business, Classes for You can help you grow.
Advance registration is required. Register at any SWIC campus.
- Belleville Campus 618-235-2700, ext. 5393 or 5618
- Sam Wolf Granite City Campus 618-931-0600, ext. 7344
- Red Bud Campus 618-282-6682, ext. 8114
- Call any campus toll-free at 866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 5393 or 5618
Register Early: Classes with insufficient enrollment will be canceled nine days in advance of the start date. An attempt will be made to notify registrants by phone or mail if a course is canceled.
- Course tuition is paid to the college at the time of registration
- Additional fees: Some courses have an additional supply fee that is paid to the instructor on the first day of class. Some courses may also have an additional book fee.
Both course tuition and supply fees are listed under the course description in the schedule. For other classes, you may be asked to bring supplies with you. A list of these supplies will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Payment is due at the time of enrollment. Community Education will make the decision to run a course based on the number of people enrolled. If you drop a class, you will receive a 100% refund if the class is dropped at least seven business days before the first meeting. No refund will be given if the class is dropped later. Fees are not prorated based on attendance. Full refunds will be issued for courses canceled by the college.
Make an online payment with Illinois E-Pay.
Community Education Inclement Weather
When SWIC is closed due to weather, all CSA classes are canceled. When SWIC is on the "Snow Schedule" any CSA class scheduled to start before 10 a.m. will be canceled. Any CSA class scheduled to start at 10 a.m. or later will be held. An attempt will be made to reschedule any canceled CSA class at a later date.
Class Locations/Room Numbers
Each class description includes a location code. See the key to determine your course location. When you receive your course confirmation a building and room number will be listed.
- BC (Belleville Campus, 2500 Carlyle Ave., Belleville, 618-235-2700)
- SWGCC (Sam Wolf Granite City Campus, 4950 Maryville Road, Granite City, 618-931-0600)
- RBC (Red Bud Campus, 500 W. South Fourth Street, Red Bud, 618-282-6682)
- AGS (Art Glass Studio, 1600 E. A St., Belleville, 618-235-9638)
- BSOB (Belleville School of Ballet, 310 E. Main St., Second Floor, Rear Entrance, Belleville, 618-277-1373)
- COLL (Collinsville High School, 2201 S. Morrison Ave., Collinsville, 618-346-6320)
- COLM (Columbia High School, 100 Parkview Dr., Columbia, 618-281-5001)
- FRBG (Freeburg High School, 401 S. Monroe, Freeburg, 618-539-5533)
- JBDR (Jefferson Barracks Golf Tee, 2400 Ramsey Road, Columbia, 618-281-8388)
- LGSC (Lakeview Golf & Sports Center, 3519 State Rt. 162, Granite City, 618-877-5566)
- TYB (The Yellow Barn, Ravenel Development, 4901 Lake Del Mar, Swansea, IL 62226)
- PSOP (Programs and Services for Older Persons, 201 N. Church St., Belleville, 618-234-4410)
- SBP (Sandy’s Back Porch, 2004 West Blvd., Belleville, 618-235-2004)
- WEST (Belleville West High School, 4063 Frank Scott Parkway W, Belleville, 618-222-7500)