Technological advances in manufacturing require workforce skills to keep pace. Training your workforce in industrial skills is vital to maintaining efficiency and staying competitive. Whether you need to retrain an entire group, cross-train an individual or start with the essentials for a new hire, we can help.
The Industrial Technology Center
The Industrial Technology Center (ITC) is conveniently located on the Sam Wolf Granite City Campus. Features of the ITC include:
- 28,000 square feet & 20 labs
- State-of-the-art smart classrooms
- Hands-on labs
- Video conferencing
- Online course capability
- Award-winning instructors who are experts in the industry
Train on the Latest Equipment in Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Southwestern Illinois College received $1.9 million in grants to purchase new automated welding, CNC equipment and advanced PLC systems. The ITC now provides expanded training opportunities in the field of manufacturing technology to benefit SWIC students and Selsius™ clients.
Accreditations and Affiliations
- BPI - Energy Efficiency
- ADDA - Computer-Aided Drafting
- I-CAR - Automotive Collision Repair Technology
- NATE - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- NIMS - Precision Machining Technology
Who We Train
- CAD Operators
- Electrical & mechanical maintenance personnel
- HVAR technicians
- Machinists using manual and CNC equipment
- Process operators
- Stationary engineers
- Advanced Manufacturing Equipment
- Electrical Systems
- Forklift Operation
- Mechanical Systems
- Process Instrumentation
- Rigging/Equipment Installation
District No. 9, IAM&AW Partnership
- Apprentices earn PMT and NIMS Certificates through Selsius™/SWIC
- Day and evening classes available in Manual Machining, CNC Programming, and CAD/CAM, leading to Journeyman’s card
- Classes held at SWIC’s Sam Wolf Granite City Campus
Register now for assessment on Saturday, July 27, 2013. Classes start mid-August 2013. Read more or call 618-222-5570 to register.
IMEC Strategic Partnership
Selsius™ realizes the manufacturing sector is a critical component of Illinois’ economic base. Accordingly, Selsius™ and Illinois Manufacturing Extension Center (IMEC) have combined forces to help manufacturers improve performance. Selsius™ can make IMEC resources available to help your company improve productivity and profitability.
You may realize that your employees need training without knowing exactly what training they need. We can help you determine the right solution for your organization.
We start with a free evaluation of your industrial skills needs. If the solution involves training, we customize it to meet your needs. Then SWIC technical education instructors will provide your employees with hands-on, industrial skills training in our state-of-the-art labs.
Call 618-222-5202 to set up your free consultation.