HEARTLANDS CONSERVANCY TREKS
Exploring the NATURE of Southwestern Illinois. Free event (donations accepted). Kaskaskia Lock & Dam, 4800 Lock and Dam Rd., Modoc, IL - "Rain or Shine!"
- Eagle-watching with spotting scopes
- Meet feathered inhabitants of the World Bird Sanctuary (10:00 a.m., 11:00 am., 1:00 p.m.)
- Children's activities - go home with eagle souvenir
- See the confluence of the Mississippi and Kaskaskia Rivers
- Tour the Kaskaskia Lock & Dam
- Families and leash-trained dogs welcome
- Food available
Partners: US Army Corps of Engineers, US Fish & Wildlife Service, IL Dept. of Natural Resources, Southwestern Illinois College, Kaskaskia Regional Port District, Lower Kaskaskia Stakeholders, Inc., Chester Tourism Committee, Heartlands Conservancy, and CLIFFTOP
For more information visit HeartLandsConservancy.org.