Head Coach Jay Harrington
Jay Harrington has been head coach of the Blue Storm men's basketball team since 1979. His SWIC record through the 2012-13 season is 695-406, and his overall coaching record is 778-448.
In 2012-13, the Blue Storm finished second in the Region 24 tournament, compiling a record of 22-11.
Coach Harrington has taken several teams to the National Junior College Athletic Association Division I National Championship, including one team that placed fourth and one that placed sixth. Blue Storm squads are consistently ranked in national polls and perform well in the postseason.
Coach Harrington has served as the college's athletic director since 1980. He was the chairman of the NJCAA Division I Basketball Committee for 12 years and was president of the NJCAA Basketball Coaches Association for eight years.
He and his wife, Patti Woods Harrington, have two daughters, Megan and Morgan.
Honors and Accomplishments
- NJCAA Hall of Fame, 2002
- Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame, 1999
- Coached three USA Basketball teams, earning two gold medals
- USA Basketball Collegiate Committee, 1992-2002
- Numerous Region 24 and GRAC Coach of the Year awards
- Numerous Region 24 and 4 championships and runners-up
- 13 All-Americans since 2000
- Five GRAC MVPs since 2003
- Coached six NJCAA all-star teams—three teams played internationally, in Argentina, Spain and Australia
- More than 80 players have transferred to Division I schools
- More than 100 players have transferred to Division II and NAIA schools
- Head coach at Wabash Valley College from 1976-79, compiling a record of 69-33
- Central Region Athletic Director of the Year, NADC, 2001
- SWIC Administrator of the Year, 2001