Tax filers can request an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Tax Return Transcript of their IRS tax return from the IRS free of charge in one of three ways:
Data Retrieval Tool(Best Option)
- Log in to your FAFSA account at fafsa.gov
- Use the Data Retrieval Tool when prompted to transfer your tax information directly to the FAFSA.
- Go to http://www.irs.gov/.
- In the Tools section of the homepage, click Get Transcript of Your Tax Records.
- Click Order a Transcript Online.
- Create an account.
- Log into your account and select Return Transcript for the appropriate year.
- Click the link to generate a PDF of your return transcript.
- Note: IRS Tax Return Transcripts requested online cannot be mailed to an address other than the one on file with the IRS.
- Call 800-908-9946.
- Follow prompts to enter your Social Security number and the numbers in your street address.
- Select Option 2 to request an IRS Tax Return Transcript and then enter 2013.
- Note: IRS Tax Return Transcripts requested by phone cannot be mailed to an address other than the one on file with the IRS.