This letter serves as a guide for financial aid applicants/recipients for the Summer 2016 semester. Summer award amounts are estimates based on your enrollment status and information on file as of the date you receive notification of your award. Award amounts are
subject to change due to the following circumstances:
- Changes in enrollment
- Enrolling in courses outside your financial aid eligible program of study
- Class cancellation
- Dropping a late starting class within the refund period
- Never attending a class
- Receipt of additional financial assistance
The following award programs are not available during the summer semester:
- State of IL Monetary Award Program (MAP) Grant
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Federal Work Study (FWS)
Summer Loan Borrowers:
All summer loans are by request only. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment for a summer loan request form. To qualify for and guarantee a loan offer all borrowers:
- Must be enrolled in 6 financial aid eligible credit hours
- Must accept their loan offer via eStorm Student Center and have loan processed by Department of Education
- Must complete Loan Entrance Counseling at
- Must complete a Master Promissory Note at
Please visit swic.edu/finaid/handbook to review our Financial Aid Handbook where you will
find all financial aid policies used to determine a student’s eligibility in addition to financial aid award program descriptions.
Important Dates and Requirements
Census Date Deadline – June
Financial aid awards will not be adjusted to reflect increases in enrollment after the census date deadline but will still be subject to decreases due to a class cancellation, dropping a late starting class within the refund period, or never attending a class.
Students must have a program declared by census as well.
Bookstore Purchases – May 31, 2016 through June
- A valid SWIC photo ID is required to authorize financial aid charges in the bookstore.
- Financial aid, in excess of tuition and fees, may be used to charge required textbooks and supplies through the college Barnes & Noble bookstore.
- Loan borrowers may use excess loan funds if all
loan qualifications listed above are met.
Aid Refund Checks – Starting the 4th week of the semester
Financial aid in excess of paid tuition, fees, and bookstore charges will be mailed to you in the form of a refund check. All refund checks are mailed to the address you have on file with the Office of Enrollment Services. Summer loans are split into two disbursements and only disbursed if all 6
required hours of enrollment have started.
Grants & Loans
| Pell|| July 1, 2016 |
| Prior Loan Borrowers - First Loan Check || July 1, 2016 |
| First Time Loan Borrowers - First Loan Check|| July 8, 2016|
| All Borrowers - Second Loan Check || July 15, 2016 |
| Alternative Loans || May 31, 2016 |
NOTICE: All students are subject to the Return of Funds and Satisfactory Academic Progress Policies which can be found at swic.edu/finaid. Withdrawing from all financial aid eligible courses may result in a reduction or cancellation of financial aid for the current semester and loss of eligibility for future semesters. You are responsible for all remaining balances regardless of the circumstances.
Remember to complete a 2016-2017 Free
Application for Federal Student Aid
for Financial Aid in Fall 2016