1. Items not required for your test are not permitted in the testing room (i.e. books, calculators, phones, hats, coats, gloves, back packs, purses, pencil cases, personal accessories, etc.). Students taking an instructional test may bring only approved items for testing as designated by their instructor (i.e. note cards, scratch paper, calculators, pencil, pen, etc.). Students taking the COMPASS placement test may only use approved aids that are supplied by the Testing Center.
2. Cell phones and all electronic devices are not permitted in the testing room. All cell phones and electronic devices brought to the Testing Center must be turned off and placed in a secured locker in the Testing Center.
3. Lockers are available for your convenience for small items. Backpacks and large personal items are NOT permitted in the Testing Center.
4. The Testing Center is not responsible for personal belongings or lost items.
5. Only students taking tests are permitted in the Testing Center. (Please make prior arrangements for childcare, as children are not permitted in the Testing Center. In addition, no pets, family, or friends may accompany you in the testing area.)
6. Prior to taking a test, all students must read and sign-off on the Testing Center guidelines.
7. You may be assigned a designated seat in the testing area, at the discretion of the proctor.
8. No food, gum, or drinks are permitted in the Testing Center.
9. Some tests have a time limit. Test takers should manage their own time during testing.
10. Talking is not permitted in the testing room. You should respect others by remaining quiet and not distracting others while testing.
11. You are expected to test independently. You may not look at another examinee’s computer screen, paper test, scratch paper, etc.; or, receive assistance from another examinee.
12. Tampering with the operation of a Testing Center computer or attempting to use it for any function other than taking your test will be reported to your instructor and/or administration.
13. The testing area is under continuous observation by proctors. The Testing Center may be equipped with cameras and surveillance devices. Test administrators and proctors may walk around the testing room to monitor examinees.
14. After you begin an instructional test, you must complete it in one sitting unless pre-authorized by your instructor. If you leave the testing room during a test, your instructor will be notified.
15. All tests are stopped and/or collected 15 minutes prior to the closing hours of the Testing Center. Students should plan ahead so they arrive at the Testing Center in adequate time to complete their test.
16. After completing a test, all test materials, including scratch paper, must be returned to the Testing Center staff.
17. Testing Center staff will notify your instructor and/or administration if you attempt to remove any test materials (including questions and answers) from the testing room by any means.
18. Testing Center staff will notify the instructor and/or administration of any discrepancies during testing. An instructor has the right to reject any instructional test completed by a student who violates the instructor’s directions or the Testing Center guidelines. Students taking the COMPASS placement test must adhere to the guidelines, or, risk an invalid or terminated assessment. Acts of dishonesty may be subject to disciplinary action.
19. Test takers should communicate with the Testing Center staff if they have extenuating circumstances. Test takers with special needs who require testing accommodations should first contact the Disability & Access Center at swic.edu/disabilitycenter.
20. The Testing Center staff may excuse a test taker, terminate a test, and/or contact campus Public Safety if a test taker exhibits behavior that is disruptive, confrontational, unruly, threatening and/or does not comply with the Testing Center guidelines, directives, or Board Policy.