Kids on Campus enrichment classes are presented by Southwestern Illinois College and Association for Bright Learners’ Education (ABLE). This self-supporting program offers classes for students currently enrolled in grades K-8. This exciting summer program provides the opportunity for students to learn new ideas and acquire new skills in a college environment while making new friends.
Class selection should be based on the current 2012-2013 school-year grade level.
Class instructors are either certified teachers or experts in their fields, but are not Special Ed certified.
Class Dates & Times
July 26 and July 29-Aug. 2
8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Get the Schedule
Enrollees must be certified by a school official to have scored at the 90th percentile on either a national achievement test, such as SRA, Iowa, etc., or to be one and one-half years above grade level in current school work. You will NOT be allowed to register without the signature of school official on the Kids on Campus registration form, located at the back of the schedule. Home schoolers must bring to registration a copy of a national achievement test (Iowa, SRA).
Class Confirmation/Cancellation Policy
Confirmation/cancellation letters will be sent at least one week before the class starts. If you do not receive your confirmation letter three days prior to the start date or would like any other information, please call 618-235-2700, ext. 5393. No refunds after confirmation letters are sent.
Behavior problems cannot be tolerated. Should they result in dismissal from the program, refunds will not be issued.
Registration, Fees and Payment
The cost for each class is $85 for ABLE members and full-time SWIC employees, but $95 per child for nonmembers. Fee includes a T-shirt and daily snacks. Some courses have additional lab fees, due at registration to cover the cost of materials used.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis; however, ABLE members will receive priority enrollment.
- Two walk-in registration dates will be scheduled in late May.
- Walk-in registration will take place in Belleville Campus, Main Complex first floor lobby, in front of the cafeteria.
- Mail-in registrations will be accepted AFTER the last walk-in registration date, according to availability.
- To register through the mail, send a check payable to SWIC with the registration form, located at the back of the schedule, to: Southwestern Illinois College, Community Education, 2500 Carlyle Ave., Belleville, IL 62221. Home schoolers must include a copy of a national achievement test (Iowa, SRA).
If you would like to join ABLE, please return the membership application and a $16 check made payable to ABLE, P.O. Box 821, Columbia, IL 62236.