Through collaborative methods, the Success Center's purpose is to provide support and strategies for you, the student, to achieve your academic goals and to realize your learning potential. We offer a comfortable environment for you to explore your study skills that work for your individual personality and to develop the confidence to be an independent and active learner. Simply stated, your success is part of our name.
The Success Center
The Success Center provides a warm and inviting atmosphere to expand your educational experience. The Success Center is located in Room 403. For information about our services, call 618-931-0600, ext. 7307 or 7447.
Pick up a tutoring schedule in the Success Center or view and print one here.
- Specialists - Success Center staff tutor students one on one. Schedules are in the Success Center.
- Learning Assistance Centers for Excellence (LACE) assistants - Adjunct faculty members assist students a few hours each week.
- Peer Tutors - Student tutors are recommended by instructors because of their academic skills and their tutoring abilities.
- If a tutor is not available for a certain subject or specialty, Center-to-Center tutoring allows you to work with a specialist or tutor at another Success Center through video conferencing software.
Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- If you need writing assistance and can't go to one of the Success Centers, OWL allows you to submit your papers online for review.
- Free workshops are offered each semester on general and specific academic skills, study skills and career exploration.
- The Success Center staff, as well as faculty and staff from throughout the college, facilitate the workshops.
Hours of Operation
Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Summer - Lab Only)
Break Between Semesters
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. (Lab Only)
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Lab Only)
Spring 2015 Schedule: Jan. 20 to May 20
- Feb. 12 for Lincoln's Birthday
- March 16-22 for Spring Break
- April 3-5 for Easter Break