The Success Center mission is to supplement and enhance classroom instruction by helping you develop the skills and strategies to become confident, independent and active learners.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Success Center Space and Services
Located in Room 131, the center offers comfortable group study areas, video viewing, relaxed seating for laptop accessibility and study, testing, telecourse and video conference services.
- Specialists - Success Center staff tutor students one-on-one. Schedules are in the Success Center.
- Learning Assistance Centers for Excellence (LACE) assistants - Adjunct faculty members assist students a few hours each week.
- Peer Tutors - Students recommended by instructors who have at least a 3.0 GPA with at least a B in the class they tutor.
- Free workshops are offered each semester on general and specific academic skills, study skills and career exploration.
- The schedule is posted in the Success Center.
- Please contact Counseling at 866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 8114, for information about free workshops at the Red Bud Campus.
This computerized test assesses your skill levels in math, reading and language for proper placement in math and English courses.
- Portable DVD players
- Computers with Internet access and Microsoft Office
- Career research Internet resources
- MS Office 2010
Spring 2013 Schedule: Jan. 14 to May 15
Jan. 21 for Martin Luther King Day
Feb. 12 for Lincoln's Birthday
March 11-17 for Spring Break
March 29-31-College Closed