Focus on your future with Programs of Study
State and federal initiatives are preparing students for high-skill, high-wage careers offering a favorable job outlook. Programs of Study has been developed to serve as a roadmap for career and technical education students to follow from secondary to postsecondary education to the workplace.
Today’s job market is highly competitive and always changing. Programs of Study equip students with the advanced skills that employers demand.
Technical occupations are where the jobs are
CTE improves student performance and earnings by keeping students in school, increasing earning potential and increasing job prospects.
Career and Technical Education in Illinois - 2010 Fact Sheet
Programs of Study can give you:
- A way to earn college credits while in high school
- A clear pathway to follow with an individual career plan
- A solid foundation of academic and technical courses
- An introduction to the workplace
- Exposure to high-paying careers through job shadowing and internships
- Information on new and emerging jobs
- Flexibility to explore various options for careers
- More efficient use of your time
- Direct connection to postsecondary education or apprenticeship
Programs of Study provide a solid foundation and a direction for your life
- You can set your sights on a future career
- You can discover what it will take to get there
- You can start to prepare for a successful career
- You can save time and money on your college education by earning college credit for courses completed in high school
- You can experience workplace learning to find out how your academic subjects relate to the work world ... and why they are important to your success
To find out more about Programs of Study, contact your school counselor or career and technical education teacher or email the CTE Coordinator's office at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.