Thank you for your interest in working at SWIC. Now that you have applied, you may be wondering what to expect. Our hiring procedure is as follows:
- Applications for all positions are collected in the Office of Human Resources (HR) and entered into our applicant tracking system.
- All applications received by the closing date or postmarked by that date are forwarded to the appropriate hiring manager. (If you are unsure of the closing date, please refer to the online Vacancy Announcement. There are no late applications accepted.)
- The hiring manager/screening committee reviews the applications and selects those with skills, experience and education best suited for the open position. (Insider's tip: Carefully review your cover letter for accuracy and spelling. It does matter!)
- The hiring manager or a designee calls the applicants who will be interviewed.
- Please note that SWIC does not reimburse any travel-related expenses incurred for the interview process.
- On completion of the interviews, HR is notified of the successful candidate's name. For full-time positions, the name of the successful candidate is submitted to the Personnel Committee of the Board of Trustees prior to the monthly Board of Trustees meeting, held the third Wednesday of each month.
- Only the Board of Trustees has the authority to hire full-time employees.
- If the Board approves the nomination, the candidate is officially hired.
- All applications are kept on file for 12 months.
- Any applicant desiring consideration for another position is encouraged to submit a new cover letter for the position and send it to HR, letting us know the additional application material is on file. It is helpful to let us know the last position applied for as well. We will attach the new cover letter to the application material and submit the material for consideration.
Again, thank you for your interest in employment with Southwestern Illinois College!
SWIC is an EEO/AA Employer/Educator and is strongly committed to excellence through diversity.