If you think you can’t afford college, think again. Southwestern Illinois College is hosting free walk-in workshops to help you determine your financial aid eligibility.
Funding Your Future workshops will be held Thursday, June 14 from 2-5 p.m. and Friday, June 15 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Belleville Campus, 2500 Carlyle Ave., in the Liberal Arts Complex. Attend either, no reservations necessary.
In the workshops you can learn about ways to find free money to help pay for college; discover on the spot how much you are eligible to receive in federal grants and student loans; and explore more than 150 affordable SWIC degree and certificate program options.
No commitment to enroll at SWIC or accept financial aid necessary to attend the workshops.
Helpful items to bring to the workshops include:
- Photo ID
- Federal Student Aid ID
- 2016 Federal Tax Returns or Estimated Income
- 2016 W2’s or Estimated Income
- Social Security Number and birthdate
- Other Income documents (SSI, TANF, child support, disability, etc.)
- Value of investments, stock, bonds or mutual funds
- Balance of bank account (checking/savings)
- Month and year of marital status
Information above may be needed for spouse or parent/guardian pending response to dependency status questions on the application.
Campus tours are available during the workshops.
For more information, contact Enrollment Services at 618-235-2700, ext. 5526 or visit Funding Your Future Pre-Registration.