Administrative Office Support
The mission of the Administrative Office Support Certificate is to provide the skills and knowledge necessary for entry-level administrative office support positions in the community. Combining application of a basic administrative office support curriculum and current technology, the program strives to provide the highest quality instruction possible. The Administrative Office Support certificate embraces the concept of lifelong learning and encourages students to pursue additional education and professional development. The certificate program will continually assess student outcomes and community needs to identify and implement methods and strategies to achieve its mission more effectively.
The Administrative Office Support Certificate program at Southwestern Illinois College
will graduate students who can:
- Read, write, and speak effectively using business terminology.
- Develop the necessary keyboarding skills to properly create and format documents.
- Demonstrate ability to implement the computer skills required in the creation of word
- processing documents, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, and email.
- Display professional behaviors complimentary to the profession through sound ethical decision making.
- Locate and utilize resources to promote continued learning.