Administrative Office Support
The mission of the Administrative Office Support Certificate is to provide the skills and
knowledge necessary for entry-level administrative office support positions in the
community. Combining application of a basic administrative office suport curriculum and
current technology, the program strives to provide the highest quality instruction
possible. The Administrative Office Support certificate embraces the concept of lifelong
learning and encourages students to pursue additional education and professional
development. The certificate program will continually assess student outcomes and
community needs to identify and implement methods and strategies to achieve its mission
The Administrative Office Support Certificate program at Southwestern Illinois College
will graduate students who can:
• Read, write, and speak effectively using business terminology.
• Develop the necessary keyboarding skills to properly create and format documents.
• Demonstrate ability to implement the computer skills required in the creation of word
processing documents, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, and email.
• Display professional behaviors complimentary to the profession through sound
ethical decision making.
• Locate and utilize resources to promote continued learning.