Financial Aid and Veteran Services assistance is available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forms can be mailed to Financial Aid, Southwestern Illinois College, 2500 Carlyle Ave, Belleville, IL 62221.
- Financial aid awarding, document processing, and disbursements actions will consummate.
- Students also are encouraged to monitor their student email and eSTORM portal account for updates.
Due to the passing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Simplification Act on December 27, 2020, as a part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, the FAFSA is changing for the 2024-2025 aid year.
You can expect the following changes:
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA will not be available until December 2023.
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA determines your financial aid eligibility for the fall 2024, spring 2025, and summer 2025 terms.
- The FAFSA application process will be streamlined and easier for students to complete.
- New terminology will be added to the FAFSA.
- Eligibility for federal financial aid will be expanded.
We will continue to update this page as additional information becomes available.
FAFSA Federal Student Aid Help
The FAFSA is the application for federal aid and aid from other sources such as your state or college.
Complete the FAFSA
Create a Federal Student Aid ID (FSAID):
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web:
Federal School Code: Southwestern Illinois College – 001636
2023-24 School Year
File your 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) between Oct. 1 and Nov. 15 to maximize your federal and state grant eligibility.
You will need financial information from 2021 for the 2023-24 school years. Information will pertain to the student and parent(s) (biological, step-parent, or adoptive)
You may need to refer to:
- Your Social Security number — Be sure it is correct!
- Dates of birth (student, and parents if dependent)
- Marital status of parents (month and year)
- Your 2021 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) 2021 federal income tax return: IRS 1040.
- Foreign tax return or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia or Palau
- Your parents’ federal 2021 income tax return (if you are a dependent student)
- Untaxed income received in 2021: Veterans benefits records, Child support received, Worker’s compensation
- Your current bank statements (cash, checking/savings)
- Net worth of current business(s) and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
- Your driver’s license (if any)
- Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
FAFSA Deadlines for 2023-24 (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024)
Online applications must be submitted by midnight Central Daylight Time, June 30, 2024. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by midnight Central Daylight Time, Sept. 23, 2024.
Illinois – As soon as possible after Oct. 1, 2022. Awards made until funds are depleted.
Each college may have a different deadline. Check with the college(s) you are interested in attending. You may also want to ask your college about their definition of an application deadline – whether it is the date they receive your FAFSA, or the date your FAFSA is processed.