Monday, August 24, 2020
HOURS – The Belleville and Sam Wolf Granite City campus libraries are open Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for currently enrolled students. The Red Bud campus library remains closed until further notice.
FACE Masks – Required at all times
CAPACITY – 50 persons max at one time
SEATING adjustments – Many chairs have been removed; Remaining chairs are spaced to accommodate social distancing; There is no seating in large comfy chairs at this time
DISSENFECTING – library staff wipe down stations/seats after each use
GROUP Study – Social distancing measures are in place; There is no opportunity for study groups at this time
Technology – the library provides computing, printing, scanning and copying services
WIFI – bring your own device and use our free WIFI, access with your BlackBoard / EStorm login
BOOK Stacks – temporarily closed for browsing; HOWEVER, you can search our new online catalog, accessible from the library’s web page. Place requests on items, library staff will pull requested items and notify you through email that your items are waiting at the library front desk
BORROWING Library materials – search for and place requests for library items from other libraries through our new online catalog, accessible from the SWIC library webpage
QUARANTINE – all incoming library materials are being isolated for at least 96 hours before processing and re-shelving
COURSE RESERVES – 1-week reserve items will follow a 96-hour isolation between uses. Biology models will be wiped down between uses. Our 2-hour course reserves and course text collections are currently not available
Library Instruction – instructors may schedule a class session. The Belleville library’s instruction room can accommodate 14 students and is equipped for MS Teams for students to remote in to the session. Sessions teach students how to search for and locate credible resources using the library’s online catalog and article databases. Session demonstrations are tailored to class subjects and assignments.
Library Web page – available 24/7, providing access to the library’s book catalog, research databases filled with millions of reliable articles, and the librarians’ contact information if you need assistance with setting up an account and using the library systems.
QUESTIONS? ASK a Librarian! – librarians are available during opening hours through walk-in service, phone and email.
618-235-2700, ext. 5597
618-235-2700, ext. 5236
SAM WOLF GRANITE CITY CAMPUS
618-931-0600, ext. 7353
618-282-6682, ext. 8190
Visit the Library page
Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 11:50 AM
Your friendly, neighborhood librarians want to assure you that we’ll be here to help YOU!
Things to know:
- Our physical locations will be closed, but our web page will still be open 24/7.
- We’ll be accessible via e-mail and will be checking our voicemail. There’s a link to our contact info on the front page of the library website: www.swic.edu/library
- ALL due dates and late fines are for items currently checked out are SUSPENDED. Just return all items when you can when we reopen.
- The ability to request books via the library catalog is UNAVAILABLE. Delivery service is currently down.
- Lastly, research databases can be weird! If you are having trouble searching for articles with your computer, try searching with your smartphone without using your home WiFi. Newer modems can come with an extra firewall. It’s an extra layer of security, but it can block access to the library databases.
As always, we will continue to provide outstanding service! We will miss your smiling faces, but we’ll be just a quick e-mail or phone call away. Let us be your bright, little beacons of hope during these upcoming days!
Jennifer, Samantha, Mark & Cecelia