SWIC Event Status
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, SWIC has opted to postpone or cancel events occurring in March and April. You can see the list of event postponement or cancellations on this webpage. This list will be updated as new information is received.
The Health Sciences pinning on scheduled for May 12, has been cancelled.
The High School Equivalency Ceremony scheduled for May 13, has been cancelled.
The Graduation Commencement Ceremony scheduled for May 14, has been cancelled. Graduate degrees will be mailed.
The Sam Wolf Granite City Campus Annual Golf Scramble scheduled for Friday, May 15 has been cancelled.
- Beginner Line Dancing scheduled for March 16, from 7 – 8:30 p.m., is cancelled.
- Advanced Cake Decorating scheduled for March 21, from 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. is cancelled.
- Chinese Cooking scheduled for March 21, from 9 – 11 a.m. is cancelled.
- Paraprofessional Prep Class scheduled for March 21, from 8 a.m. – noon is postponed until further notice.
- Tax Free Investing workshop scheduled for March 26, from, 6 – 8 p.m. is cancelled.
- Paraprofessional WorkKeys Test scheduled for April 4, from 8:30 a.m. – noon is postponed until further notice.
- Grant Writing scheduled for April 4, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. is cancelled.
- Intermediate Line Dancing scheduled for April 6, and May 11, from 7 – 8:30 p.m. is cancelled.
- Medicare Seminar scheduled for April 15 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. is cancelled.
- Senior Plan Saturday Placement Testing scheduled for March 21 is cancelled.
- Welcome Wednesday Tours scheduled for March 18, 25 and April 1 are cancelled.
- Sam Wolf Granite City Campus Tour scheduled for March 31 is cancelled.
- Early Bird Tours scheduled for April 9 – 14 are cancelled.
- Class of 2020 Enrollment Day scheduled for April 14 is cancelled.
- Parent 101 class scheduled for April 7 is cancelled.
- Faculty speaker Series: Operatic Empathy scheduled for March 25th, 3 p.m. at the Schmidt Art Center is cancelled.
- “Explore the Sound VI concert,” scheduled for March 29, 7 p.m. at St. Paul United Church of Christ is cancelled.
- Student recital scheduled for April 1st, 3 p.m.at the Schmidt Art Center is cancelled.
- “Yearning to Breathe Free” concert band performance scheduled for May 3 at 3 p.m. at St. Paul United Church of Christ, is cancelled.
- “Our little Infinity” scheduled for May 5, 7 p.m. at the Union United Methodist Church, cancelled.
- SWIC honors student recital scheduled for May 6, 3 p.m. at the Schmidt Art Center, cancelled.
Police Academy Session 140 Graduation Ceremony has been postponed until June 12.
Student Life and Diversity and Inclusion
- Spring Blast scheduled April 14 at the Belleville Campus, April 15 at the Red Bud Campus and April 16 at the Sam Wolf Granite City Campus are postponed until further notice.
- Casting a Historic Vote: Suffrage in Illinois presentation by Jeanne Schultz Angel scheduled for the Belleville Campus March 25 and the Sam Wolf Granite City Campus March 26 has been postponed until further notice.
- Latin Hip Hop as the New Poetry presentation by Catalina Maria Johnson scheduled for the Sam Wolf Granite City Campus April 1 and the Belleville Campus April 2 has been postponed until further notice.
- Phi Theta Kappa Induction Ceremony scheduled for April 9 has been postponed until further notice.
- Student Awards Night scheduled for April 28 has been postponed until further notice.
- Gear Up Fashion Show and Clothing Giveaway scheduled for March 26 is cancelled.
- George Portz and Friends of Bluegrass Show scheduled for March 20, has been postponed. The show has been rescheduled for Oct. 2.
- Pearson Vue testing center at the Belleville Campus, Main Complex lower level is closed until further notice.
- Technical Job Fair at Sam Wolf Granite City Campus March 26, has been postponed until further notice.
- Spring Job Fair at Belleville Campus, Varsity Gym on April 7 has been postponed until further notice.
- High School Student Art Show and Congressional Art Competition scheduled March 19 to April 2 at the Schmidt Art Center, Belleville Campus, with an Opening Reception March 19 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. is cancelled.
- SWIC Student Art Show scheduled for April 23 to May 7 at the Schmidt Art Center, Belleville Campus, with an Opening Reception April 23 from 6-8 p.m. is cancelled.
- Filmmaker Spotlight: Mockumentary Filmmaker Chris Bruemmer scheduled for March 19 at 7:30 p.m. in the Arts and Humanities Theatre is cancelled.
- Annual SWIC Student Film Screening scheduled for March 27 at 7 p.m. in the Arts and Humanities Theatre is cancelled.
- Spring Theatre Production: “The Laramie Project” by Moises Kaufman and the Members of the Tectonic Theater, scheduled for April 3 & 4 at 7:30 p.m. and April 5 at 2 p.m., in the Main Complex Theatre is cancelled.
Spring Job Fair
The spring job fair scheduled for April 7 is cancelled.
Softball and Baseball events are cancelled.
GloBingo, a fundraiser to benefit Athletic scholarships, scheduled for April 24, has been postponed until further notice.
The following PSOP events are cancelled:
- Parkinson’s Caregiver Luncheon scheduled for March 30 has been cancelled
- Chess, Tai Chi (Monday & Tuesday classes), Euchre, Tuesday morning Bridge, Yoga, Group Exercise classes, Pinochle (Tuesday afternoon), Lunch / Congregate meals (Tuesdays & Thursdays), Crochet/ Knitting, Hand and Foot, Mahjong, Canasta, Art, Line Dancing, Ballroom Dancing, Memoirs
- Chess, Tai Chi (Monday & Tuesday classes), Euchre, Tuesday morning Bridge, Yoga, Group Exercise classes, Pinochle (Tuesday afternoon), Lunch / Congregate meals (Tuesdays & Thursdays), Crochet/ Knitting, Hand and Foot, Mahjong, Canasta, Art, Line Dancing, Ballroom Dancing, MemoirsAARP Tax-Preparations
- RSVP Orchestra Band performances at PSOP and other scheduled locations March 18 at Shiloh
- March 25 at Collinsville
- April 1 at PSOP
- April 15 at Okawville
- Post cruise get together on March 23
- Travelogue on April 15.
- Foster Grandparent Program in-service meeting, March 26 at 10:00 a.m.
- Senior Companion in-service meeting, March 25 at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday evening Bridge at the Nichols Center
- Dine-Around, March 24 at Bella Milano
- Breakfast Club, March 31 at First Watch
- Men’s Club, April 3
- Breakfast Club, April 7 at Chick-Fil-A
- Lunch Bunch, April 14 at El Dorado
- Ukulele Lessons at The Abbey
- Open Census Day, April 1
- St. Clair County Veterans Affairs appointments on Monday mornings
- Nurse from Memorial Hospital on Tuesday mornings
- Land of Lincoln Legal Aid appointments on Wednesday mornings
- St. Clair County Drug Prevention Alliance Meeting, March 26
- Kelly Lodge Meeting, April 1
- Gateway East Artist Guild meeting, April 1
- St. Clair County Herb Club meeting, April 1
- Deaf Senior Citizens meeting, March 20 & April 17
- Elder Justice Council meeting, April 8
- Linus Blanket Luncheon, March 27
- Mindfulness Education, April 8
- Parkinson’s Support Meeting, April 13
- Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Meeting, April 14
- Grief Support Group, March 16
- Book Club
- Foster Grandparent Program Advisory Council Meeting: April 2
- RSVP Advisory Council Meeting, April 15
- Beginning Computer class, March 16
- Windows 10 Basics, March 18 and 25; April 1, 8, and 15
- Answers with Andy (computer drop in opportunity): April 7
- Washington, D.C. trip: April 16-22
- Cards / Dominoes at Shiloh Senior Center (every Monday and Wednesday)
Senior Celebration scheduled for May 8 is cancelled until further notice
- Foster Grandparent Program Recognition scheduled for April 30 at Bellecourt is canceled.
- RSVP Country Western performances at PSOP and other scheduled locations March 19 at Belleville Moose
- April 2 at Okawville
- April 9 at PSOP
- April 16 at Collinsville