2022 Summer Financial Aid Guide
This letter serves as a guide for financial aid applicants/recipients for the Summer 2021 semester. Summer financial aid amounts are estimates based on your enrollment status and information on file as of the date you receive notification of your financial aid. Offered amounts are subject to change due to the following circumstances:
- Changes in enrollment
- Enrolling in courses outside your financial aid eligible program of study
- Class cancellation
- Dropping a late starting class within the refund period
- Never attending a class
- Receipt of additional financial assistance
The following award programs are not available during the summer semester:
- State of IL Monetary Award Program (MAP) Grant
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
Summer Loan Borrowers
All summer loans are by request only. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment for a summer loan request form. To qualify for and guarantee a loan offer, all borrowers:
- Must be enrolled in 6 financial aid eligible credit hours needed for program of study
- Must accept their loan offer via eStorm Student Center and have loan processed by Department of Education
- Must complete Loan Entrance Counseling at studentaid.gov
- Must complete a Master Promissory Note at studentaid.gov
Please visit swic.edu/financial-aid/handbook to review our Handbook where you will find all financial aid policies used to determine a student’s eligibility along with financial aid program descriptions.
Important Dates and Requirements
Census Date Deadline – June 11, 2021 Financial aid offers will not be adjusted to reflect increases in enrollment after the census date deadline, but will still be subject to decreases due to a class cancellation, dropping a late starting class within the refund period, or never attending a class. Students must have program declared by census as well.
Bookstore Purchases – June 1, 2021 through June 11, 2021
- A valid SWIC photo ID is required to authorize financial aid charges in the bookstore.
- Financial aid in excess of tuition and fees may be used to charge required textbooks and supplies through the college Barnes & Noble bookstore.
- Loan borrowers may use excess loan funds if all loan qualifications listed above are met.
Financial Aid Refund Checks – Starting the 4th week of the semester
Financial aid in excess of paid tuition, fees, and bookstore charges will be mailed to you in the form of a refund check. All refund checks are mailed to the address you have on file with the Office of Enrollment Services. Summer loans are split into two disbursements and only disbursed if all 6 required hours of enrollment have started.
July 2, 2021
July 2 & 16, 2021
|1st Time Borrowers||
July 9 & July 16, 2021
NOTICE: All students are subject to the Return of Funds and Satisfactory Academic Progress Policies which can be found at swic.edu/financial-aid. Withdrawing from all financial aid eligible courses may result in a reduction or cancellation of financial aid for the current semester and loss of eligibility for future semesters. You are responsible for all remaining balances regardless of the circumstances.