Financial Aid Eligibility
Financial Aid and Veteran Services assistance is available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forms can be mailed to Financial Aid, Southwestern Illinois College, 2500 Carlyle Ave, Belleville, IL 62221.
- Financial aid awarding, document processing, and disbursements will continue.
- Students also are encouraged to monitor their student email and eSTORM account for updates.
Eligible Credit Hour Enrollment Classification
Eligibility is based on a student’s number of credit hours during a given term. Only credit hours needed to complete a financial aid eligible program are considered in classification. The chart below details enrollment classification for financial aid purposes:
Total Aid Eligible Credit Hours
Classification for Aid Eligibility
|12 or more credit hours||Full-Time Award|
|9-11.5 credit hours||3/4 Time Award|
|6-8.5 credit hours||Half-Time Award|
|5.5 credit hours||Less Than Half-Time Award|
Financial Aid Eligibility for SWIC Certificates
To be considered for financial aid, a student must be in an eligible program. While most associate degree programs are financial aid eligible, there are a few exceptions.
The following associate degree programs are not eligible for financial aid:
- Massage Therapy (027B)
- Construction Cement Mason (039A)
- Construction Sheetmetal (039B)
- Construction Bricklayer (039C)
- Construction Ironworker (039D)
- Construction Electrical Specialist (039E)
- Construction Painting & Decorating (039F)
- Construction Carpentry (039G)
Note: Not all certificates are financial aid eligible. Check certificate eligibility.