Students of Commitment Program
About the Program
In today’s job market, having access to candidates who are well prepared through job skills and a keen understanding of the companies for which they are applying to is important to ensure that employers have a great match. In such, securing talent who are up to date in both hard and soft skills can be a daunting task in an economic time when talent is plentiful, dynamic, and ever-changing.
SWIC’s Students of Commitment Program was developed to provide a direct recruiting resource for employers seeking to hire talent when they have an immediate opening as a result of company expansion or the loss of an employee due to termination or advancement. In this program, we provide support through educating local employers about the programs and training offered through Southwestern Illinois College Career Services Center, and the level of competency that they can expect from a candidate as a result of being trained at our institution.
To participate in the Students of Commitment Program, students and alumni must:
- Submit a resume and cover letter.
- Complete a preliminary interview with a Career Services professional.
- Attend a professional development workshop.
As a department, Career Services at SWIC ensures that students are prepared for the workplace through professional development workshops, one on one appointments, and classroom visits. In addition, the SWIC Career Services office will hold a portfolio of employer company profiles, ensuring that students have a comprehensive understanding of the company’s culture.
Career Services partners with local employers to cycle talent and ensure our students are ready for career opportunities.
How it works:
- Employer presents job opening to Career Services.
- Career Services completes employer needs assessment.
- Career Services markets employer opening and screens candidates based on completion of Student Requirements.
- Career Services provides student with employer contact information for follow up contact.
- Candidates contacts employer to arrange interview.
- Career Services staff follow up with student and employer to determine the employment decision.
How to join?
To sign up or request more information, please email LaTesha Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Students of Commitment Program” in the subject line or stop by the Career Services Office Belleville Campus, Main Complex Room 1240.