Student Veterans Resources
Financial Aid and Veteran Services assistance is available via email at email@example.com
- Forms can be mailed to Financial Aid, Southwestern Illinois College, 2500 Carlyle Ave, Belleville, IL 62221.
- Financial aid awarding, document processing, and disbursements will continue.
- Students also are encouraged to monitor their student email and eSTORM account for updates.
Student Veterans Resources
Multiple of websites on the internet appear to be providing helpful information for student veterans. Not all of these sites are legitimate. Consequently, knowing which websites are providing accurate and current information can be a challenge. As a result, the staff at the Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC) Financial Aid, Veteran Services and Student Employment Office have reviewed the following websites that offer help and information to veterans.
- Application for VA Education Benefits
- G.I. Bill® W.A.V.E
- Yellow Ribbon Program Information
- Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
- Community College of the Air Force Transcript Request Forms (CCAF)
- Military Scholarships List and Links
- Patriot Education Fund
- Student Veterans of America Scholarship
- AMVETS Scholarships
- Additional Scholarships Sources
Requesting Military Transcripts
Soldiers and veterans may obtain transcripts of their military training and experience to submit for evaluation and the awarding of college credit.
Military transcripts for the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS), the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART), and the Coast Guard Institute are now requested through the Joint Services Transcript (JST) website. The JST is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service member’s military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations. Air Force personnel should continue to contact CCAF to receive transcripts.
- Welcome to the VA Guide
- Military Records Archive
- Benefits for Illinois Veterans 2012
- Make the Connection
Non-Education VA Resources
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Family Guide to PTSD
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Confidential chat call 1800-273-8255 press 1 or text 838255
- Higher Education Veterans Service Act Fiscal Impact Survey
- Public Act Survey 10/02/2019
- Public Act Survey 07/11/2018
- Public Act Survey 09/22/2009
‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill®.”