Student Veterans Resources
Multiple of websites on the internet appear to be providing helpful information for student veterans. Not all of these sites are legitimate. Consequently, knowing which websites are providing accurate and current information can be a challenge. As a result, the staff at the Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC) Financial Aid, Veteran Services and Student Employment Office have reviewed the following websites that offer help and information to veterans.
- Application for VA Education Benefits
- G.I. Bill W.A.V.E
- Yellow Ribbon Program Information
- Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
- Community College of the AirForce Transcript Request Forms (CCAF)
Requesting Military Transcripts
Soldiers and veterans may obtain transcripts of their military training and experience to submit for evaluation and the awarding of college credit.
Military transcripts for the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS), the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART), and the Coast Guard Institute are now requested through the Joint Services Transcript (JST) website. The JST is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service member’s military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations. Air Force personnel should continue to contact CCAF to receive transcripts.