Frequently Asked Questions
A Your eSTORM account gives you access to multiple services including:
1. Course schedules
2. Online course registration for current students
3. Course grades
4. Financial aid management, including reviewing/accepting awards
5. Financial services and bill payment
6. Graduation applications and transcript requests
A eSTORM is the enhanced Southwestern Total Online Records Management. Go to the Student Center to access your student record information.
A Student Center is the area in eSTORM in which your student record information is located.
A Name changes must be requested in writing.
Please complete a Data Change form and either mail or fax it to us at:
Enrollment Services Office
Southwestern Illinois College
2500 Carlyle Avenue
Belleville, IL 62221
A Since changes to the Student Information System will need to be done manually by an employee in the Enrollment Services Office, we are being conservative in saying that it will take two business days. In most cases, we expect to be able to process your request the next business day.
A You can find help for eSTORM by searching the site, reviewing the help section, by mail, phone, email, on our contact page or by visiting one of our locations.
1. The Help section in the main menu on the top left of eSTROM offers step-by-step instructions.
2. When you are on campus, ask the staff in the Student Activities, Career Center and Success Center for assistance.
3. View our contact page
4. You can also find eSTORM help at 618-222-SWIC (7942) or eSTORMHelpMail@swic.edu
A Log into eSTORM at eSTROM, enter your username which is your student ID number.
1. Your password is an algorithm of “$W”, the last four digits of your social security number and the two digits of your birth month and the two digits of your birth date.
2. For example, if the last four digits of your Social Security Number is 1234, and your birthday is July 15, your password algorithm is “$W12340715”.
A You need to be Term Activated and have a valid Enrollment Appointment to enroll. Both of these are manual processes and need to be done by the staff in the Enrollment Services Office if you have not been enrolled in the last three semesters. Contact the Enrollment Services Office at 618-235-2700 during regular office hours.
A Yes. The New Student Information Form, which is our application, is available on eSTORM.
A Current students are able to enroll online. New students will be able to enroll online if they have completed Online Orientation.
A You can add or change your phone number and submit a request to have your home or mailing address(es) updated. You will not be able to change your name, social security number, date of birth unless you contact the Enrollment Services Office during regular office hours.
A eSTORM is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, maintenance service may be scheduled Monday through Saturday during the 2 a.m. to 8 a.m. time slot and Sunday between 6 a.m. and noon when needed. Maintenance service may cause a temporary outage. When more extended maintenance service is needed, the schedule will be posted on www.swic.edu, and students will also receive an e-mail with the schedule.