Director of Purchasing
Manager, Auxiliary Services and Inventory Control
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
SHIPPING & RECEIVING
Located at the Belleville Campus
2500 Carlyle Avenue – Belleville, IL 62221
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Purchasing Department centralizes the purchasing function within Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC). The responsibilities of the Purchasing Department are:
- The procurement of goods and services
- Assisting faculty and staff in obtaining goods and services of a high quality – at the lowest cost and in a timely manner
- The monitoring and expediting such deliverables efficiently and within the confines of state purchasing requirements and SWIC policies and procedures
- The effective utilization of college resources
- The management and disposition of material and equipment
- The development of solid working relationships with suppliers, the communities we serve and internal constituents
We strive to achieve these objectives through carefully defined ethical business practices and procedures.
SWIC participates in utilization of local businesses, minority, and women-owned businesses and veteran businesses when applicable. As such, the College encourages MBE/FBE/PBE/DBE/VOB to apply and participate.
SWIC also makes and encourages sustainable purchases in accordance with the College’s commitment to sustainability where feasible and advantageous.