The Purchasing Department centralizes the purchasing function within Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC). The responsibilities of the Purchasing Department are:
We strive to achieve these objectives through carefully defined ethical business practices and procedures.
SWIC participates in utilization of local businesses, minority, and women-owned businesses and veteran businesses when applicable. As such, the College encourages MBE/FBE/PBE/DBE/VOB to apply and participate.
SWIC also makes and encourages sustainable purchases in accordance with the College’s commitment to sustainability where feasible and advantageous.
- The procurement of goods and services
- Assisting faculty and staff in obtaining goods and services of a high quality – at the lowest cost and in a timely manner
- The monitoring and expediting such deliverables in an efficiently and within the confines of state purchasing requirements and SWIC policies and procedures
- The effective utilization of college resources
- The management and disposition of material and equipment
- The development of solid working relationships with suppliers, the communities we serve and internal constituents