What is PSOP?
Programs and Services for Older Persons (PSOP) staff provide a wide variety of direct and referral services to older adults, as well as their families and caregivers. The goal is to help older adults make the most of their health and independence while enjoying a rewarding lifestyle. PSOP has something for everyone!
Overview of services and programs
- Our Foster Grandparent Program provides limited-income seniors the opportunity to serve as one-on-one tutors and mentors to young people with special needs.
- Our RSVP program has more than 1,000 senior volunteers working throughout our service area.
- The Senior Companion Program helps older adults maintain their dignity and independence while also assisting caregivers by giving them respite or a break.
- Our Travel department welcomes travelers of ALL ages! We offer both day trips and overnight trips to exciting destinations.
- Short-term counseling is available for St. Clair County residents over 60, or for those who provide caregiving for a family member or friend over 60. Various support groups are also offered.
- The Senior Services Program, assists mature adults and disabled residents living in subsidized housing.
- The Resource Center provides Advocacy services as well as partners with area agencies to provide information and assistance with Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, veterans’ benefits, simple wills and more.
- Alternative Transportation Services (ATS), a division of PSOP, provides curb-to-curb service for both individuals certified as American Disabilities Act eligible and those 60 and older.
- PSOP has a Wellness Program that includes free exercise classes and a fitness room with a treadmill, recumbent bike and hand weights.
- In addition to all the programs mentioned above, our Activities Department offers a wide variety of programs, including: card and table games, Wii games, chess, dances, lunches and so much more to fill your days.
Please stop by to say hi, take a look at the facility, and let the staff know how they’re doing. The PSOP facility is open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Click here to find out more, or call 618-234-4410.
Alzheimer’s and Caregiver Programs
PSOP is pleased to offer Alzheimer’s and caregiver programs in the coming months, in addition to our ongoing Older Adult and Caregiver Counseling Program. Several series of classes will be offered from June through September for those diagnosed with mild to moderate memory loss or a dementia, AND/OR for those who are family members or caregivers. Please contact Jodi Gardner, MSW, LCSW, (Jodi.firstname.lastname@example.org / 618-234-4410, ext. 7031) at any time, for support and resources. Please help us spread the word about the upcoming programs. If you’d like printed copies of this flier, for distribution anywhere in the community, please let us know.
Matter of Balance Workshop **A Free Program**
Free Amplified Phones
Having trouble hearing on the phone? Illinois has a FREE amplified phone program!
Visit PSOP at 201 N. Church St., Belleville, or call 618-234-4410, ext. 7011 or 866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 7011, Illinois toll-free.
This is a FREE program required and governed by Illinois law with no age or income restrictions. See www.itactty.org for details.
Donate to PSOP
Senior Resource Directory
The Senior Citizens Resource Directory contains a wide variety of programs, agencies and organizations, which can provide services to older persons. The agencies are designed to address the health, education, training and employment needs of the older person. The St. Clair County Office on Aging produces this guide.
PSOP Gift Certificates
Are you looking for a great gift idea for that special senior? Do your children ask you what you want? What about a PSOP gift certificate? The certificate is good for any trip or activity.
Purchase gift certificates by calling 618-234-4410 Theresa (ext. 7043) or Melissa (ext. 7042)
Visit, Call, or Email
201 N. Church St. Cheryl Biver Brunsmann, PSOP Executive Director
Belleville, IL 62220 email@example.com
Download the trip reservation form and learn more about each trip.