About the Testing Center
SWIC Testing Centers enhance student learning by providing comprehensive, accessible testing services in a safe, secure and efficient testing environment. Services are provided for instructional make-up tests and the SWIC placement test.
Instructional Testing Guidelines
- A valid photo ID is required for all testing.
- Appointments for Instructional testing MUST be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Appointments may be made online, in person, or by phone.
- Test takers are responsible for abiding by all Testing Center Guidelines.
SWIC Placement Testing
IMPORTANT: Arrive early for the SWIC placement test to allow sufficient time to take the test and obtain other college services (i.e. academic advising, registration, financial aid, etc.) after the test.
About SWIC Placement Test
SWIC placement testing is a computer-based placement tool required for first-time college students. The placement test identifies skill levels in math, reading and language usage.
Prepare: Test Results Determine Coursework
- Visit the placement test page for resources to help you practice and prepare prior to testing.
- Download free placement practice questions before you take the SWIC placement test.
Placement Testing Locations and Procedures
- Belleville, Red Bud and Sam Wolf Granite City campuses offer the Placement Test on a first-come, first-served walk-in basis.
- Scott Air Force Base offers testing by appointment on specific dates and times.
- SWIC student ID number is required for SWIC placement testing.
- You must present a valid photo ID when you arrive for the exam.
- For help getting your SWIC ID number, submit the New Student Information Form. If you need assistance receiving your Student ID Number, contact Enrollment Services at 618-235-2700, ext. 5526.
- Test takers are responsible for adhering to all Testing Center Guidelines.
Scheduling an Appointment
You can schedule an appointment for instructional tests in two ways:
- Use the links below to schedule an appointment for instructional tests. Please note that your appointment is not guaranteed until you receive an email confirmation from the Testing Center.
Red Bud Campus
Sam Wolf Granite City Campus
- Call the campus Testing Center you plan to attend.
Note: Please schedule your appointment in advance to ensure you meet your deadline.