Cisco Networking Academy
The Cisco Networking Academy is a comprehensive curriculum, developed by Cisco Systems, which provides students with Internet and information and communication technology (ICT) skills essential in a global economy.
The Cisco Academy courses deliver content and assessment, student performance tracking, hands-on labs and activities to prepare students for industry-standard certifications.
Find out more about the Cisco Networking Academy
- Download and read the Cisco Academy student brochure (PDF)
- Check out the curriculum for CCNA Routing & Switching courses
- Visit the Cisco Networking Academy website
- View a video about the CCNA Routing & Switching certification
- Download the Educating the Architects of the Neworked Economy brochure (PDF)
The Cisco Networking Academy at SWIC includes both instructor-led learning or hybrid courses with hands-on labs to teach students how to design, build and maintain computer networks for local, national and global businesses.
Southwestern Illinois College offers Cisco Academy courses at the Sam Wolf Granite City Campus.
SWIC Cisco Networking Academy Benefits
- Small class sizes to facilitate instructor-student interaction
- Affordable tuition and fees; view a typical cost sheet
- Cisco Networking Academy approved materials and electronic curriculum
- Scheduling options that include day, evening or hybrid classes
- Job placement opportunities with local companies through SWIC Career Services
Upon completion of the program, students are well prepared for the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) professional certification exams. Over the past ten years, more than 350 students have obtained their CCNA certification. See their photos on our Wall of Fame.
SWIC also offers a two-year associate’s degree and two occupational certificates. Get more information about the SWIC degrees and certificates that include Cisco Academy courses.
Current students can access curriculum and resources by logging in to the Cisco Networking Academy.