Physical Therapist Assistant Public Comment Policy
Southwestern Illinois College believes that Outcomes Assessment is an ongoing process aimed at measuring and improving student learning. It involves making our expectations explicit and public; setting appropriate criteria and high standards for learning quality; systematically gathering, analyzing and interpreting evidence to determine how well performance matches those expectations and standards; and using the resulting information to document, explain and improve performance. Assessment helps us create a shared academic culture dedicated to assuring and improving the quality of higher education.
Comments & Suggestions
The PTA program at SWIC engages in continuous and systematic assessment paralleling that of the college. The program welcomes public comment, suggestions and constructive criticism as part of our process. Community members who do not have formal affiliation with the college or program are welcome to provide feedback according to the following policy/guidelines:
- Comments must be submitted in writing and signed by the author. Anonymous submissions will not be accepted.
- The PTA Program Coordinator shall respond to all comments/concerns within 10 academic days.
- The PTA Program Coordinator shall make the Dean of Allied Health and the Vice President for Instruction aware of all comments/concerns voiced by the public.
- Records of all correspondence will be kept on file for a period of 5 years.
- The SWIC PTA Program strictly prohibits retaliation against any member of its community for reporting or inquiring in good faith about what the member believes to be wrongful or unlawful activity, or for participating in an investigation or proceeding related to such activity. The PTA Program considers such reporting, inquiring, or participating to be protected activities in which all members of the SWIC community may freely engage.
Send comments to:
Southwestern Illinois College
PTA Program Coordinator
2500 Carlyle Ave.
Belleville, IL 62221