Online Learning Checklist
Is an Online or Hybrid Course Right for You?
Answer “yes” or “no” to the following statements:
- I have convenient and frequent access to a computer with an internet connection.
- I am comfortable working with computers.
- I am self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- I manage my time well.
- I am willing to commit 6 to 15 hours each week to an online or hybrid class.
- I can communicate effectively through email, discussion boards and chat rooms.
- I am comfortable with email, word processing and using the internet.
- I am able to express my thoughts and opinions in writing.
- I can read analytically and critically.
- I do not give up easily and am willing to seek help when necessary.
If you answered “No” to three or more of these statements, you may want to rethink your decision to enroll in an online course.