FOREIGN LANGUAGE PRE-MAJOR
The study of language is profitable whether you are majoring in the arts, sciences, or business. Spanish is the second most commonly spoken language in the United States and all science majors are encouraged to learn German and/or French. Business majors will discover that the ability to speak and understand Spanish, French, German, Russian, or Chinese will give them employment advantages over those who are not bilingual.
A variety of careers are open to students who graduate with a bachelor’s degree in foreign language, including:
- Foreign service and diplomacy
- International aid organizations
- International business and trade
- Foreign news correspondent
- Bilingual/English as a second language teacher
- Foreign student advisor
- Travel and hospitality
- Health and medical professions
- Social work
- Interpreter and translator
For more information, please fill out the contact form.