Dual Credit Required Permissions - Southwestern Illinois College

Students must have parental/guardian permission, counselor or administration permission from their high school, and permission from the SWIC Dual Credit representative to begin earning dual credit.

  1. Parent Permission–Parents are able to speak with the high school counselor and dual credit liaison to clarify questions about dual credit.  A letter may be emailed or mailed to each student prior to or during the first month of the dual credit class.  Parents may drop students from classes at their request.  Dropping before the drop deadline is required to avoid a W on the college transcript.
  2. High School Permission–a High School designee (usually a counselor or administrator) signature is required in order for the student to be enrolled.
  3. SWIC Permission–The Dual Credit Coordinator signature is also required on the blue dual credit permission form in order for the student to be enrolled.

A student signature on the online registration and permission form allows the SWIC staff to discuss dual credit courses with high school faculty, administration and parents/guardians of the dual credit enrolled student.