Taking a Class at a SWIC Campus or Online while Still in High School
Students can enroll for dual enrollment courses if the following requirements are met:
- Students must be 16 years of age or older by the last meeting day of the course.
- Students must be otherwise qualified in order to benefit academically and socially from the
- Students may enroll only in courses authorized on this form.
- Students must present the completed “SCHOOL PERMISSION” portion (see below) at the
time of registration.
- Academic coursework while attending Southwestern Illinois College is considered to be
coursework for college credit; therefore, college academic policies and procedures will be followed. Minimum placement scores as specified for particular courses must be met as stated in the college catalog.
To register for a class as a dual enrolled student, complete the steps to enrollment. The permission form below must be signed and returned to an academic advisor or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.