Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Black Thought and Culture – Non-fiction published works of leading African-Americans.
- History (Salem Press) – Historical world figures, great events and various American decades.
- Literature (Salem Press) – Critical insight on a few select authors and titles.
- Literature Project – Collection of full text books, poems, plays and speeches.
- Walt Whitman Archive – A collection of the most comprehensive works by and about Walt Whitman.
- Women and Social Movements – History of women in social movements in the U.S. (1600-2000)
Science, Technology and Medicine
- Botanicus – 1,000+ titles of historical botanical literature from the Missouri Botanical Garden Library.
- Health (Salem Press) – Health topics discussed in depth: psychological/behavioral health and cancer.
- NCBI Bookshelf – National Center for Biotechnology – access to books in life science and healthcare.
- Science (Salem Press) – Basic topics relating to Earth Science are introduced.
- Credo Reference – Search your topic in 800 multi-topic reference books.
- Ebook Central – Proquest – Relevant titles across a broad range of academic and professional subject areas.
- Google Books – a universal collection of more than 40 million books in over 400 languages.
- Hathitrust – Millions of titles digitized from libraries around the world.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Career information for hundreds of occupations.
- OpenLibrary – Provides records for 20 million books and access to 1.7 million scanned books.
- Opposing Viewpoints – Differing views of issues; includes articles, statistics, images, and videos.
- Project Gutenburg – Collection of over 18,000 multilanguage books e-books.
Browse your local public library’s e-book collection, 3M Cloud, and download popular titles onto your devices. You must have a local public library card with a barcode. You may need to contact your local public library for your library assigned PIN number. The public library can assist with access, downloading or device questions and specific e-book policies. Find your public library’s contact information here. **Some public libraries may not participate in this collection.**