Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Black Thought and Culture – Non-fiction published works of leading African-Americans.
- History (Salem Press) – Historical world figures, great events and various American decades.
- Literature (Salem Press) – Critical insight on a few select authors and titles.
- Walt Whitman Archive – A collection of the most comprehensive works by and about Walt Whitman.
- Women and Social Movements – History of women in social movements in the U.S. (1600-2000)
Science, Technology and Medicine
- Botanicus – 1,000+ titles of historical botanical literature from the Missouri Botanical Garden Library.
- Health (Salem Press) – Health topics discussed in depth: psychological/behavioral health and cancer.
- NCBI Bookshelf – National Center for Biotechnology – access to books in life science and healthcare.
- Science (Salem Press) – Basic topics relating to Earth Science are introduced.
- Credo Reference – Search your topic in 800 multi-topic reference books.
- Ebook Central – Proquest – Relevant titles across a broad range of academic and professional subject areas.
- Google Books – a universal collection of more than 40 million books in over 400 languages.
- Hathitrust – Millions of titles digitized from libraries around the world.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Career information for hundreds of occupations.
- OpenLibrary – Provides records for 20 million books and access to 1.7 million scanned books.
- Opposing Viewpoints – Differing views of issues; includes articles, statistics, images, and videos.
- Project Gutenburg – Collection of over 18,000 multilanguage books e-books.
ENJOY! Popular eBooks and eAudiobooks
Search eRead Illinois Axis 360 to browse, check out, and download eBooks and eAudiobooks from Southwestern Illinois College Library’s eBook collection. eBooks from eRead Illinois Axis 360 can also be discovered and accessed through SWIC Library’s online library catalog.
Login to eRead Illinois Axis 360 to Checkout or Place a Hold:
- SWIC Student Login: SWIC Student ID Number
- Staff Login: InfoShare/Blackboard Username
If you’re using a mobile device, install the free Axis 360 app by visiting the Apple App Store, Google Play Store (Android devices), or Amazon App Store (Kindle Fire).