Textbooks on Reserve
Reserve materials are shelved behind the circulation desk and are checked out for a specific length of time: usually for two hours, overnight, or 1 week as designated by the faculty member. This is intended to ensure that all students have access. Material is placed in the Reserve Collection under the course name and number (e.g. ENG 101, PSYC 151). A Public Safety-issued SWIC ID card is required to check out reserve materials. Textbooks in the Reserve Collection may not leave the library.
Search for course materials and textbooks in the SWIC Library Reserve Collection
MATERIALS PLACED IN THE RESERVE COLLECTION MAY INCLUDE:
- Books shelved in the SWIC Library collection
- Reprints of articles or book chapters in compliance with copyright law
- Course notes
- Videos, DVDs, CDs – listening/viewing areas are available in the Library
- Personal copies owned by instructors
ADDING ITEMS TO THE RESERVE COLLECTION
Faculty members can submit items in person at the Library circulation desk or inter-campus mail items to the appropriate campus location along with a completed SWIC Library Instructor Reserves Form. To help in processing, please submit one form per item. Allow at least 2 days for processing before the item is on the shelf. Allow at least 4 days for processing to remove the item from the shelf. If you have any questions or special requests please contact
- Tim Powers at (618) 235-2700, ext. 4901 at the Belleville campus
- Mark Light at (618) 931-0600, ext. 7353 at the Granite City campus
- Cecelia Eilering at (618) 282-6682, ext. 8190 at the Red Bud campus.
SPECIAL FINES & FEES FOR RESERVE ITEMS
In-house and limited-circulation reserve items are assessed special fines and fees if removed from the library or returned overdue. The library will attempt to notify patrons regarding overdue material. Patrons having fines or lost materials will be deemed delinquent. Registration for courses and issue of college diploma or transcripts will be blocked until compensation is received. The policies and amounts are prominently displayed on the front of each reserve item.