Mark your calendars to celebrate Manufacturing Day on Oct. 4, 2013.
See for yourself how manufacturing runs the gamut from "Handmade to High-tech."
Start the day at the Southwestern Illinois College Sam Wolf Granite City Campus Industrial Technology Center Open House from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tour the newly renovated SWIC manufacturing facility
- See demonstrations of cutting-edge technology
- Try your hand at virtual welding
- Meet local manufacturers displaying their products and capabilities
Refreshments will be served.
Tour Abengoa, Arizon, Ehrhardt Tool & Machine Co. Inc., Gateway Packaging, Heidtman Steel, SunCoke Energy and U.S. Steel*
* For your safety, to attend industry tours, you must be 14 years of age or older and wear:
- Long Pants
- Closed-toe shoes
- Required personal protection equipment issued by each company which may include safety glasses and/or hard hats
U. S. Steel and SunCoke Energy also require:
- Long-sleeve shirt
- Hard-soled shoes
Buses depart from SWIC every half-hour.
SWIC and local industry tours run until 2:30 p.m.
Local manufacturers displaying their products and capabilities at this event include:
- Advanced Training for Illinois Manufacturers (ATIM)
- AP Customs
- Arizon Structures
- Chelar Tool & Die Inc.
- Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Ehrhardt Tool & Machine
- Haas Automation Inc.
- Hydromat Inc.
- Icon Mechanical
- IMEC - Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center
- Kraft Foods
- Lewis Pumps
- Lincoln Electric
- MAVERICK Technologies
- Prairie Farms
- Sandvik Coromant
- SunCoke Energy
- SWIC Enrollment Services
- SWIC Selsius™ Corporate & Career Training
- Turner Electric LLC
Presented in partnership with the IMEC - Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center, the Southwestern Madison County Chamber of Commerce and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity.